dogs 6 months of age or older are required to be licensed according to
Connecticut General Statutes.
obtained dogs, 6 months or older, must be licensed within 30 days of
renewal time is the month of June. Renewal postcards are mailed to
current year license holders on the last day of May.
is the procedure for registering by mail: (New or Renewal License)
Fill out and enclose the REQUEST FOR
DOG LICENSE form .
- Make checks payable to: NEW BRITAIN TOWN CLERK
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return
of tag & license.
- Enclose Certificate of rabies vaccination.
- Enclose Certificate of spaying/neutering if
- Mail to: Town Clerk's Office, 27 West Main Street,
New Britain, CT 06051
(Documents with the icon require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the software.)